Saturday, September 19, 2015

A Serious Star Wars Cereal Review


  You might have noticed this new Limited Edition Star Wars Cereal by General Mills at your local grocery store. You may have come across it on a trip to your local Walmart or Target as well. I know a lot of people are often weary on if the cereal is worth getting when it is merchandised towards a movie property or TV show. I can tell you though that this cereal was worth the $2.50 I bought it for.


  The marshmallows in the Star Wars cereal have fun shapes. You can get marshmallows shaped like Yoda, R2-D2, a Jedi Starfighter, a Stormtrooper's helmet, and a red or blue lightsaber. They sure look delicious. They might not be healthy though. How do they look inside the box though?


  They look pretty much like this. Sometimes the Stormtrooper's visor is off a bit and looks more like a mustache. Some Yodas have no ears. The Jedi Starfighter is often too chubby to be recognizable. Somehow though the lightsabers always manage to look like the above image. How do they taste you might be saying right about now? Think Lucky Charms! Yes, they taste exactly like a Lucky Charms marshmallow. Very delicious and sugary! 


  This is how the corn flakes often look. They do not taste like the Lucky Charms flakes, however, they do taste however surprisingly like Fruit Loops. To me that's a very surprisingly tasty combo. Notice the top two flakes? They are the most common, although the "X-wing" flake on the left often looks like the bottom flake. The Tie Fighter flake is the most common in my cereal box, which is movie accurate if you think about it!


  The Back of the cereal box has two games a child or an adult can play with someone else. One game is the basic checkers game with the suggestion you use the Tie Fighter and Rebel Flakes as pieces for each side. The other game is where you use a corn flake and flick it across the board and if it lands on one of the red circles you get the recommended points. I'd recommend cutting this off the box after finishing the cereal. Maybe then buy a new box of Star Wars Cereal and use the pieces from that to play with it, or use actual checker pieces the play the games. It was a nice idea of General Mills to make up these neat games to play. 


Is it worth getting?

  Yes! It very much is worth getting. I bought mine for $2.50 and I thought it was worth every penny.  The box is small and you get about 3/4ths of the boxes height in cereal. Enough for about 6-8 normal sized bowls I'd say. I loved it. I thought it was worth it that I got another box full at the same price. To sum up the taste again think Lucky Charms Marshmallows got together with Fruit Loops. It's a yummy and sugary saturday morning cereal! A great choice for the kids, and adults! 

  If you have time and want to see the cereal box in more detail along with some other thoughts I have check out my video review! (I show off my BB-8 mug in it too!) 



Thanks for reading!

May the Sugar be With You!

-Bordon 





No comments:

Post a Comment