Friday, April 8, 2016

Star Wars The Force Awakens Blu-Ray Release



On April 5th the Star Wars Force Awakens Blu-Ray released. I wasn't able to get a copy however during that day. Why? Well Target had given pre-orders from their online/web store that came with a $5 gift card if you ordered it the month prior. It sounded great, it'd have extra behind the scenes content of making the movie and such and "special packaging". I was excited! I pre-ordered it thinking Target's pre-order delivery guarantee would have the copy at my front door delivered to me. However, that was not the case.

On April 6th I went to Facebook to complain on Target's social media. Why? Because my copy was sent on the 5th by UPS to be delivered to the Post Office instead of my house that day, and there it sat for 2 days (release and the next day) and didn't move. I found out many had the same issues, and that the packaging was card board and some even had broken Blu-Rays! Not even that, the "exclusive content" was download content, from the web. You didn't have it on disk. So I decided to look up what other stores had for exclusives. Walmart had a sleeve that featured BB-8, but it was cardboard and sleeves don't always look the best. So I went with Best Buy's Steelbook feature. I figured I was ordering the original and prequel trilogy in Japanese recently and got the steelbooks for them, so I thought I'd get the Star Wars Episode VII steelbook to go with them. A better deal and it was a physical item.


When I went into Best Buy to get the Steel Book Force Awakens Blu-Ray I was greeted with a huge BB-8 holding the movies. It was a neat thing to have in the store I thought.

I love it, but I don't want it as nearly as much as Target's animatronic one! 



Two days later, I got the Target one in the mail. Three Days after release! No gift card was ever delivered. I took pictures for you to review. After that, I returned it to Target, and while there I found a pleasant surprise. A BB-8 figure bundle pack released along with a coupon deal!

Front Cover of, Target left, Best Buy Right 
Back side of Blu Ray cases, Target left, Best Buy Right

Inside of Best Buy's Steelbook Case. Pretty clean and neat!




Just thought I'd share my experience with you and how different the movies are. If you want to see the insides of the Target version of the Blu-Ray, Tyler has an excellent video showing you the guts. Check it out here.

May the Force Be With You!

-Bordon 

1 comment:

  1. Forget the DVDs, otherwise you may find yourself far from getting the highest mode of entertainment. Of course, we were right until recently when we used to think that nothing can beat our DVDs as far as the best entertainment appliance is concerned. Used CDs

    ReplyDelete